Wireless Tower Apprentice
Are you looking for an exciting new career? Eastern Communications, Inc is interested in hiring an individual who has the desire and ability to put forth a solid work effort in the safe and successful completion of a project. The qualified applicant will perform all aspects of new tower construction, upgrades, and maintenance. They will have the ability to learn to assist in the construction and maintenance of all types of towers and assist the crew in the safe and proper installation of all types of antennas with associated mounts, coax/line, connectors, and hardware. Basic construction experience is preferred.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Safely climbing and working on communications towers; installing, replacing, and repairing antenna equipment, performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- Knowledge with use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems
- Read construction drawings, plans, site plan, tower drawings and redlines as needed
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- At all times follow all OSHA procedures, participate in safe work practices, and 100% tie off.
- Ability to travel throughout New England, and work at heights in extreme weather conditions.
- Maintain and enforce safety practices.
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies.
- OSHA Construction 10 Hour Safety Certification preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- General Rigging knowledge preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience and qualifications
- Full-time year-round employment
- Company sponsored health, dental and vision
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid life insurance coverage
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid flex time
- Paid Training and Certifications